[epe-users] status updates

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Wed Jun 21 23:08:47 CEST 2017

dear all,

belatedly, many thanks for your hard work and the many submissions we have
received!  we ended up with nine participating teams and close to forty
runs—well more than we had anticipated :-).

there are many different types of dependency representations and various
parsing approaches represented.  some times have prepared run series that
systematically vary different parameters.  we are very excited with this
trove of data!

end-to-end evaluation is now underway, and we hope to be able to send many,
if not all, results this coming monday.  negation scores will be delayed,
because emanuele and his family had a baby last wednesday, some weeks
before the due date.

also, in processing all submissions we detected some errors (e.g. missing
files, in case a parser crashed on a 1000-word sentence) and have allowed
teams to re-submit these runs.

for overall fairness, i think we should thus allow everyone to ’update’
your submissions, in case you had discovered a non-trivial flaw in the
meantime.  if you plan to submit additional runs, please get in touch with
us immediately!

once we have the scores available, we will invite each team (and each
downstream application) to submit a system description.  the submission
deadline will be august 7, and we will assemble a reviewing committee from
among the participants and organizers.

we shall post more information on the publication and presentation process
soon; for the overall schedule, please see:

http://epe.nlpl.eu/

best wishes, oe