[epe-users] update to EPE 2017 utility package

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Thu Jun 15 23:45:44 CEST 2017

dear colleagues,

we received five submissions today and are expecting another three to
five (by noon this coming sunday, the latest).  we are very grateful
for your participation and support and optimistic that many
interesting results will come out of EPE 2017!

in converting one of your submissions to the EPE interchange format
tonight, i discovered a bug in our aligner (to recover character spans
into the underlying document for CoNLL-like submission formats, where
this information is lost): it was not treating ASCII-encoded em-dashes
(‘---’ for ‘—’) correctly.

i have just minted a new release of our EPE utilities correcting this
bug (which affected the evaluation data for the ‘opinion’ downstream
application).  in case you plan on using our converter, please upgrade
to:

  http://svn.nlpl.eu/epe/2017/public/logon.tgz

looking forward to even more submissions :-)!  oe