[NLPL Users] available cpu hours on Abel

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Fri Aug 9 13:49:16 CEST 2019

dear all,

it appears our NLPL allocations on Abel for the current period have
been exhausted, and right now it can be difficult to have new jobs
scheduled under the NLPL account.  this is good news, and i expect we
will receive an extended allocation within a matter of a day or two.
i must apologize for not acting on the imminent depletion of our
account before today!  i had in fact noticed we were approaching our
allocation limit a little more than a week ago and had prepared an
on-line application for additional hours.  regrettably, i had
overlooked that after clicking the 'Save' button there is one more
step in the on-line interface; but i can assure you, i did click the
'Submit' button just now.

happy computing!  oe