[NLPL Users] short on-line survey among NLPL users and associates

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Wed Apr 24 16:42:09 CEST 2019

dear colleagues,

we are writing to request feedback on the Nordic Language Processing
Laboratory (NLPL).  you may have recently participated in the NLPL
winter school on Deep Learning
(http://wiki.nlpl.eu/index.php/Community/training), or may be a user
of computing and data resources under the NLPL umbrella (on the
finnish Taito or norwegian Abel superclusters), or both.

2019 is the final year of the original NLPL project grant, and we are
already making plans for a follow-up phase from 2020 and onwards.  as
in previous years, we also hope to again hold the NLPL winter school
in early 2020.  to inform our own planning for the future, and to talk
to national survice providers about specific needs of our community,
we depend on your inputs.

we would kindly ask that you use a few minutes to work through a
brief, anonymous questionnaire.  the survey is organized into multiple
sections, and please feel free to skip those that do not apply to you.
the survey is available on-line at the following address:

https://forms.gle/87jakTBMUs9Y7CSv7

we will need your feedback by may 15, the latest, but the sooner the
better.  so, why not click on the above link just now and be done with
it in less than five minutes?

as additional motivation, there will be trophies: those who were at
the skeikampen winter school this year undoubtedly will have noticed
the NeIC-branded hoodie that bjørn, the NLPL project manager, was
wearing with pride.  there will be a lottery of in total five NeiC
hoodies, unique trophies not available to ordinary humans.  your
chances in the drawing will be inversely proportional to your response
time to the questionnaire.

what are you waiting for?  with thanks in advance,

oe (for the NLPL steering group)