[NLPL Users] winter school in Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Sat Nov 17 09:40:09 CET 2018

dear colleagues,

the Nordic Language Processing Laboratory (NLPL), with funding from the
Nordic e-Infrastructure Collaboration (NeIC), will hold its second winter
school on DL for NLP from february 4–6, 2019, in the norwegian mountains
not too far away from oslo airport gardermoen.

our main instructors in 2019 will be chris dyer and graham neubig, and they
will present a combination of theoretical lectures and more practical,
hands-on tutorials.  the target audience are doctoral students and other
Nordic researchers in NLP who work on applications of Deep Learning.  prior
experience in NLP and machine learning is required.  for further
background, please see:

http://wiki.nlpl.eu/index.php/Community/training

we expect to have about ten subsidized participant slots available beyond
the NLPL consortium.  interested parties will need to cover their travel to
and from oslo airport and two nights of accommodation (at most NOK 2,500).

we invite applications for participation through the on-line registration
form linked from the above page.  final confirmation of available slots
will be announced by mid-december.  please do not hesitate to contact ‘
outreach at nlpl.eu’ for further information.

best wishes, oe (for the NLPL team)